"Hello Roshni its me" said an excited Ron.
" I was waiting for your call' said a somewhat distorted female voice
*Silence prevails*
They were caught in a situation where abundant words were accumulated in a huge dam, and an outburst was inevitable. The outburst was from Roshni.
Roshni broke into tears, tears which were somehow extinguishing the fire in Ron's heart.
But the thing about girls is that whenever they have to apologize they make you feel sorry first.
They make you feel sorry for making them cry, perhaps a defence mechanism the female species were born with.
Ron was almost about to console by joining her in the tears shedding marathon but Arjuns words echoed in his mind "Keep it light".
"Look Roshni I don't have time for this emotional stuff" said Ron fighting with his own emotions.
Now this is what guys do, pretend, lie, an assault mechanism guys were born with.
Whenever you get in touch with your ex who dumped you because you were "fat", "immature", "not her types". You pretend you to be "lean", "mature enough to be her father" and not only her types you are in fact next in line to Siddharth Mallya as the most elligibe bachelor.
Yes that is what Ron was doing.
"I have to go to the office to make some share allotments, I have to take my dad's car to pickup Chotu from the school, and i have to hit the gym then." said Ron.
In fact in one sentence he just proved he was a complete dude.
"I'm sorry, i'm sorry, I'm missing you" said Roshni totally ignoring Ron's deeds of heroism.
Her tears were slicing Ron's heart like a hot knife slicing into soft butter.
He knew he could hardly hold himself any longer, four words itched to emerge from Ron's mouth "I" "missed" "you" "too".
But before Ron submitted to her emotional torture he made a quick move.
"Even I want to talk to you but now i have important work to attend i'll call you in a while" said Ron and before she could say anything he hung up.
Ron looked at himself in the mirror, the mirror which always potrayed him as a "Loser" was now reflecting a "Hero". For some strange reason Ron felt proud of himself.
Ron immediately dialled a number.
"Ki Holo?" said Arjun.
Ron explained "Ki Holo".
"Meet her" said Arjun
Arjun was one strange guy, he was a totally different person when he was on the phone or chatting. He always kept it short. "yes" "no" "ok" "hmmm" "dhur sala" were his usual choice of words. "Meet her" was only an extension.
"What, are you sure, i mean don't you think its desperate?" said Ron
"Who are you kidding man, don't fool yourself, you know you always wanted it." said a confident Arjun.
"Thanks man, thanks a lot, I'm planning something today at City Centre" said an overjoyed Ron.
But before Ron hung up Arjun once again interrupted with a quickie " I'll be there watching you"
"What, Why?" said Ron
"Cause i don't trust her thats why" said Arjun
The plan was then forwarded to Roshni and she complied.
Ron was there waiting for her an hour before schedule.
Arjun was posted as a C.I.A agent near the famous Tea Junction. His "uniform" was hilarious, black shades, black tees. black jeans, black shoes. I mean did the guy want to avoid attention or attract attention. But it was getting dark so perhaps his apparell was justified.
After sometime, somebody tapped Ron's shoulder from behind.
This was the moment he was waiting for where he and his long lost love would once again be reunited by the magical forces of St Valentine.
But whenn he turned back his fantasies vanished in a second, the feeling of love now turned into fear.
It was the guy who turned Ron into a bag of broken bones a few months back. That same tormenting face had once again returned to haunt.
Ron's hands started trembling, he looked around helplessly and his only source of comfort Arjun was nowhere in sight.
well introduced character to be... The eagerness of the next post increases larger proportions...
ReplyDelete:)
increases by*
ReplyDelete